- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Relations Law
- Domestic Violence
- Mental Health
- Same-Gender Parents
- Sexual Assault
Law Office of Jennifer Eyl Sept. 2009 – Present
Owner/Attorney/Child and Family Investigator
- Serve as a Child and Family Investigator in Domestic Relations cases. Completed Child and Family Investigator training, May 2010.
- Continuing Legal Education in the areas of domestic relations, domestic violence and the best interests of the child.
- Expertise in the areas of domestic violence, sexual violence and mental health.
Victim Justice, P.C.
Contract Attorney/Office Manager Aug. 2008 – July 2009
Legal Intern Aug. 2007 – May 2008
- Collaborated with solo practitioner providing criminal and civil legal options for victims of violent crime including homicide, domestic violence and sexual assault.
Civil Litigation Clinic, University of Denver Jan. 2007 – May 2007
- Represented clients in civil protection order, eviction and Section 8 termination cases.
Civil Litigation Clinic, University of Denver May 2007 – May 2008
Research Assistant to Prof. Tamara Kuennen
- Conducted extensive research on domestic violence-related issues.
- Educated clinic students on vicarious trauma, representing impoverished clients and domestic violence issues.
First Judicial District Attorney’s Office Aug. 2006 – Dec. 2006
Crimes Against Children Unit
- Worked directly with Chief Deputy District Attorney prosecuting crimes against children.
Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault May 2006 – Aug. 2006
- Provided legal information to sexual violence victims and service providers throughout Colorado.
- Conducted research and lobbied for public policy changes to benefit victims of sexual violence.
WINGS Foundation, Inc. Nov. 1999 – July 2005
- Managed administrative, financial and programmatic components of statewide non-profit agency serving adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Denver Police Department, Victim Assistance Unit July 1998 – Nov. 1999
Victim Advocate/After-Hours Team Supervisor
- Responded on-scene with law enforcement to provide support and information to victims of violent crime and provide death notifications. Supervised on-call night and weekend advocates.
ACCESS Housing, Inc. Oct. 1996 – July 1998
Family Services Coordinator
- Provided case management and counseling services to homeless families living in on-site shelter.
Juris Doctorate, 2008.
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado.
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, 1996.
University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado.
Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Mass Communication, 1989.
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
Licensed Attorney, Attorney Registration #40215. Colorado Supreme Court.
Licensed Professional Counselor, Registration #2767. Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies.
RELEVANT CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
Advanced Domestic Violence Seminar, 2010
Child and Family Investigator Training, 2010
Collaborative Law Level I, 2009
Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance Annual Conference, 2010
Domestic Violence in the GLBT Community, 2009
National Crime Victim Law Conference, 2010
New Developments in Law Affecting Battered Women, 2009
Relocation and Forensic Mental Health Evaluation, 2010